2010年7月15日星期四

Tissot Announces New Tactile Watch: The Navigator 3000

Stay tunedfor a detailed review as soon as I can get my hands on one.Tissot's site could be easier to navigate, so I've taken the liberty of providingsome links here:TheNavigator Product Page.QuickSpecs.Allfour of the Navigator 3000 choices.Fullline of Tactile watches.Related Articles: Review of the Tissot T-Navigator 3000.Swiss watchmaker Tissot recently announced a new member of their Tactile line:the Navigator 3000. It has appeared as a blurry picture next to a "coming soon" teaseron their site for quite some time, but now the picture is finally clear, and somespecs and pictures have been published.Before I get into the details of the Navigator, I'd like to mention a few thingsabout Tissot Tactile watches in general. First of all, I happen to be wearing aT-Touch on on my wrist right now (detailed review forthcoming), and I love it. TheTactile line of watches allows you to navigate by tapping the sapphire crystal indifferent locations rather than pressing a mode button over and over. They are technicallyimpressive, classy watches, and I think the Navigator 3000 is a great addition.Features of the Navigator 3000 include:Tactile crystal to navigate through five modes and multiple time zones.World time (150 countries or cities).Countdown timer.Stopwatch.Two programmable alarms and five alarm melodies.Multiple date formats.Backlight to illuminate the LCD. The target market for this watch is obviously the traveling business executive,but I'd argue it packs a little something for everyone. It will be available infour different styles (the one pictured here is my favorite), and will probablygo for between $400 and $600, though don't hold anyone to that number.